Supported 3D Sensors
The FabliTec 3D Scanner works with the following 3D sensors:
- Our recommendation: Asus Xtion Pro Live (140 Euro, powered via USB, buy here)
- Microsoft Kinect for Xbox (only under Windows 7, 90 Euro, external power supply, buy here)
- Asus Xtion Pro (120 Euro, no color, powered via USB, buy here)
Currently, we do not support the Microsoft Kinect for Windows (K4W) as it is not OpenNI-compatible.
Supported Graphics Cards
The FabliTec 3D Scanner requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA capability of 2.0 (or higher, check here) and at least 1 GB RAM. In principle, any modern NVidia GPU with the Nvidia graphics driver installed will suffice. Note that some laptops have Nvidia cards without CUDA support. One option for a desktop PC with a good cost effectiveness is for example the NVidia GTX 650 card (around 120 Euro, buy here).
The FabliTec 3D scanner has been tested successfully on the following NVidia graphics cards:
- NVidia NVS 4200M (512MB)
- NVidia GeForce GT 520 (1024 MB)
- NVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (2048 MB)
- NVidia Quadro 5010M (4096 MB)
Supported Operating Systems
The FabliTec 3D Scanner runs on Windows 7 and Windows 8. It runs both on 32-bit and 64-bit systems. In the future, we also plan to support Mac OS and Linux.
We recommend the following equipment that eases 3D scanning.